JBI - What if I can't JBI - What if I can't

Playful and yet epically moving.

I love the way it starts slow and sad, really emphasising the feeling of loss, but very quickly builds into a very playful gesture and suddenly erupts into a magical and epic brilliance. The sense of freedom and flight cannot be mistaken. Then it slowly returns to the sadness, completing the circle and ending the piece quite well.

The sad beginning with the heavy layering of strings really touches on Zimmer's style, and when the playfulness comes in, it reminds me of Desplat's Golden Compass track "Lyra, Roger and Billy". The epic section had me reminiscing Horner's Braveheart, especially with the traditional Celtic sounding instruments.

All in all, a wonderfully composed piece.

JBI - Worth living for! JBI - Worth living for!

Powerful.

Loved it when the brass and strings took the soaring emotion to new heights, the buildups are very well done. I do reckon the cadence at the end needed to sound more complete though. The guitar at the beginning is alright, but what might have been better is a harp, would have added the extra magic. Effective use of windchimes too. Try some timpani rolls next time? :D

Reminds me slightly of Hans Zimmer, has a bit of James Horner in it too. Awesome music Jonas.

reel2 responds:

Thank you! I was actually gonna use the harp but .. I didnt have enough RAM xD So i was like wuuteva tuuut tuut :D But yeah It needs some small fixings. Also it has alot of timp rolls only you dont hear them clearly cos of all the other things going on X) Agani thank you!

Narwhals Tune Narwhals Tune