Canabalt Canabalt

Just my style.

Simple concept yet so effective. The music, sound effects, and graphics tie in wonderfully together, with the monochrome colouring (somewhat reminiscent of Mirror's Edge), constantly changing levels, the actual challenging aspect to it, and the soul objective of getting the furthest distance in an attempt to escape, is enough to capture anyone's short attention span. I really like how you've made sure to include environment within such a small game, the glass, the birds, the passing ship, even the smoke in the background.

I'm a traceur so this particular game appealed to me, I reckon you could totally pimp up a similar version of this into a fantastic parkour platformer.

Another excellent creation AdamAtomic!

City Platformer City Platformer

Cool.

Good concept, reminds me very much of the game N-Ball. Hey, your graphics are alright, they just lack that luster that comes with experience.

I reckon the spikes are incurring too much damage at once. I found it hard to jump over without nicking the edge and losing a third of health. One alternative is to make the ball bounce back up (and flash or go red) as soon as it hits the spike, then take away an exact amount, rather than have it decrease continuously. Incremental injury is more ideal for something that damages at a rate, like a liquid.

Also, you might want to make the ball roll. Yes, it's a circle so how do you do that- don't rotate a radial gradient, because that won't make any sense (since shadows don't roll with the ball), instead you can animate the white reflection to create the illusion (look up a tutorial). Also adding a small amount of blur, or ground particles, will aid the illusion.

Also you can make the physics a little more obvious, bounce the ball more, relative to the height it falls from. Don't forget music and sounds!

Goodd stuff NewAssasination11.

NewAssasination11 responds:

Why thanks S1tHSL4y3r For the nice and helpful review im just a begginer so it might take long but thats how games are made so thanks.

My Patform Game Tutorial My Patform Game Tutorial

"Not bad! I think I like it!"

However, 'think' is an over statement. I really should have blammed this. It's a good tutorial, but please, just put the effort in to make it look better. You've put in enough to make a tutorial, spend some time on the presentation at least. And also, watch over all your spelling and grammar. Especially in your title. It's terrible and looks unprofessional. Wouldn't be too much to ask to include a demo of some sort at the end too.

Explaining the actionscript is what people need. To exclude that is to make people ignorant of what they're creating, resulting in more poorly designed games that nobody needs, apart from people who want their blam points up. What I'm saying is that tutorials are most helpful when they explain what they teach. Don't just spoonfeed.

I suggest simply break up that massive wad of actionscript you provide, into sections and what each section does, ie moves the character, makes it jump, collisions etc., just like you would separate each part of your code with comment labels. Maybe combine it with a related graphic of the character doing it.

Lialia, you really need to spend more time with this if you want something good that will actually help people learn how to make platform games, and contribute to the entire flash community.

Bug:
- Coins stay on the screen after your last frame jumps back to the title.

Cursor Maze test Cursor Maze test

Gotcha

Alright anti-cheat system.. but not good enough ;D Try right clicking for the menu to come up, then right click over Finish. Now that I found it where's my free pr0n?

Yeah, add some funky music to it, some nice transitions, and lots of levels, it may just do well. Nice design. Nothing incredibly new though to be honest. Cool font.

The Scale of the Universe The Scale of the Universe

Most informative.

Definitely not what I expected at first, but as soon as I realised that instead of playing a mindless game, there was actually something to learn here, I liked it. It's a different take to flash, an educational and informant interactive, which you don't normally find here.

I found some very interesting facts in there that I hadn't known before. And the way you've presented it is quite inventive. I suppose there are a few negatives, such as the information appearing to be a bit cluttered at times, or too close to the edge that you can't read as clearly. Some of the graphics could definitely be refined, perhaps to render the actual images with a bit more resemblance (I mean, come on, that's an oak tree? :P) But all in all, the information was very interesting, and well researched.

This could easily lead to a new revolution of educational games, however I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon :P. Would be great if it did though. Nice work Fotoshop!

M-Bot The Game M-Bot The Game

Brilliant.

A very fast paced, action packed scroll shooter! Amazing graphics, the 3D gives it an extremely nice finishing touch. I guess the downside there is lag for some people.

Great use of combo-upgrade concept, I like the freeze cutscene when you level up to the next weapon. One thing I didn't like was as soon as you got damaged, your upgrade is gone.

I like how you've separated the game into obstacle and enemy phases. The speed can tend to make discerning various screen components a bit difficult at times. Also maybe the medals and scores screen could have been more elaborate (accumulated stats, highest combo, plus more medals :D). I will repeat however, the artwork and graphics are truly stunning.

Altogether a brilliant creation, MindChamber!

MindChamber responds:

I agree about the score breakdown. thanks again

Achievement Unlocked Achievement Unlocked

Never

spent another 377 seconds wasting my time with something so damn good. I didn't think it would be true when it started, a game littered with so many pointless achievements to the point the entire game was pointless, but I was proven wrong, and thoroughly enjoyed myself ridiculously. I love elephants.

Gretel and Hansel Gretel and Hansel

Well made.

Nice design, lovely artwork and animation. Good twist to story! Very enjoyable, and a great game for everyone, especially children, with the many stimulating puzzles and adventurous storyline. 10/10

Crush the Castle: PP Crush the Castle: PP

Powerful.

A most satisfying demonstration of the brute terror the invention of the trebuchet cast on poorly designed castles. Took a while but I eventually accumulated my devastating annihilation of one shot golds :D A great concept and a fun addicting game!

*gloats over medals incessantly*